Open with Serenity Prayer
Read and approve August agenda - APPROVED
Read and approve July minutes - APPROVED
Read and approve Treasurer's report - APPROVED
Read and review Liaison Officer's report - DONE
Read and review Delegate's report from SLAA ABM 2017:
Here is a review of some of the items:
- The Step Question Workbook was voted down. it had passed 27/20, 5 abstained, then a motion to table was set forth passed with 42/10
- Companion to Chapter Four of basic text, passed 39/2, 11 abstain
- Text Heathy relationship Pamphlet, passed 44/4, 3 abstain.
- Motion to update the 40 Question text for self diagnosis, did not pass, 23/25, 4 abstain.
- Making the Basic SLAA text from CD version to MP3 version/audio book, did not pass.
- Board of Trustee’s (BOT) members were voted on, renewed Earl.D (TX), Jason.S (CA), new international member David.F (POL) was also voted in. All seats are filled at this point, 9 members total on the BOT
Personally I had a great experience as a new delagate for the SLAA group online. I met some great people and it was great to be surrounded by so many members in recovery at once. I personally am now participating on 2 committees: - the diversity committee (CDC) - the translation committee (CTC)
Please, if you have specific questions, do address them to me.
I just want to thank you again for having elected me as you representative. What a great service experience.
Tonight I won’t be able to attend the BM, I will be traveling. Have a great meeting.
Cordially, Jean / seanp
10 Minute Open Forum
Meeting closed with Serenity Prayer