Open with Serenity Prayer
Read and approve March agenda - Approved
Read and approve February minutes - Approved
Read and approve Treasurer's report - Tabled to next meeting
Read and review Liaison Officer's report
Reminder of Robert's Rules of Order for SLAA Online Business Meetings - approved motion 2/15/07
Motion from BethS - Replace Rewards with Signs of Recovery in Op Meeting End Script Replace in Op Meeting End Script:
”TWELVE REWARDS TO THE TWELVE STEPS
1. Hope instead of desperation.
2. Faith instead of despair.
3. Courage instead of fear.
4. Peace of mind instead of confusion.
5. Self respect instead of self contempt.
6. Self confidence instead of helplessness.
7. The respect of others instead of pity and contempt.
8. A clean conscience instead of a sense of guilt.
9. Real friendship instead of loneliness.
10. A clean pattern of life instead of a purposeless existence.
11. The love and understanding of our families instead of their doubts and fears.
12. The Freedom of a happy life instead of the bondage of sex and love addiction or anorexia."
"S.L.A.A. Signs of Recovery © 1990 The Augustine Fellowship, S.L.A.A., Fellowship-Wide Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
1. We seek to develop a daily relationship with a Higher Power, knowing that we are not alone in our efforts to heal ourselves from our addiction.
2. We are willing to be vulnerable because the capacity to trust has been restored to us by our faith in a Higher Power.
3. We surrender, one day at a time, our whole life strategy of, and our obsession with the pursuit of romantic and sexual intrigue and emotional dependency.
4. We learn to avoid situations that may put us at risk physically, morally, psychologically or spiritually.
5. We learn to accept and love ourselves, to take responsibility for our own lives, and to take care of our own needs before involving ourselves with others.
6. We become willing to ask for help, allowing ourselves to be vulnerable and learning to trust and accept others.
7. We allow ourselves to work through the pain of our low self-esteem and our fears of abandonment and responsibility. We learn to feel comfortable in solitude.
8. We begin to accept our imperfections and mistakes as part of being human, healing our shame and perfectionism while working on our character defects.
9. We begin to substitute honesty for self-destructive ways of expressing emotions and feelings.
10. We become honest in expressing who we are, developing true intimacy in our relationships with ourselves and others.
11. We learn to value sex as a by-product of sharing, commitment, trust and cooperation in a partnership.
12. We are restored to sanity, on a daily basis, by participating in the process of recovery."
John - approved as SLAA Online Op
Election of SLAA Online Intergroup delegate to SLAA ABM 2017
Note! An approved delegate may seek financial assistance for attendance from SLAA Online and SLAA ABM.
Candidate not present. Election tabled
Motion to close (75 min time up)
Meeting closed with Serenity Prayer